Monday, August 11, 2014

Echoes

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the bed.

You see, I'm reading Umberto Eco.  But, before you think he is leading my postings and I am not crediting him for his thoughts, allow me to say that I am reading him after I write.

Yesterday, I read a lecture he gave titled, "Inventing the Enemy," which has to do with otherness and the need societies have for enemies.  Long after I had been talking about that very topic in my blog.

Tonight, I read another lecture, "Absolute and Relative" - again, immediately after a blog posting on the topic.

I have lots that I could add... but maybe for now I'll just let the ideas churn.  It is, nonetheless, an interesting coincidence, not unlike finding 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife...

No comments:

Post a Comment